Saturday 11 February 2012

IPL4 Online Qualifiers

Today, Invidia took a swing at the IPL4 Online Qualifiers.

The event was held on the NA Battle.net server and showcased the most tremendous talent from around the globe. Honestly- I was starstruck whilst idling in that channel waiting for my games to begin. Take all of the biggest names from the GSL, MLG, IEM, Dreamhack, IPL, NASL and put them all in 1 Battle.net channel?

Terrifying.

So unfortunately, those of us who participated didn't make it tremendously far. Rossi and deth both decided to go to sleep at around 2:00AM, giving them a few hours sleep before their games started at 5:00AM. However I chose to stay up all night, practicing with ladder games until my eyes were burning. Sadly, throughout all of my practice games, I was undefeated against Protoss and Terran. But I lost every single Zerg mirror except one. And my round 1 opponent? Yep.

Zerg.

I texted deth at 4:30 to wake him up, and within minutes he was pouring energy drinks down his throat in anticipation for his match. Unfortunately, Rossi was nowhere to be found. 

I gave him a call, to which he murmured:
"Uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrnghgghhh...
Yeah... 
Yep... 
I'm up... 
Yep..."
I reminded him of the channel name & the check-in, and within minutes he was online.


[4:51:10 AM] Rossi: 
did i speak english when u called dox?

And here are the results.

ROUND 1
(Z) Nv.Dox 2-0 DoDOmen (Z)
(T) Nv.deth 0-2 FXO.Tear (P)
(T) Nv.Rossi 0-2 Guillycuddy (P)

ROUND 2 
(Z) Nv.Dox 0-2 dignitas.Bischu (P)


So, things could have gone better. But fortunately, the NASL Online Qualifiers were only minutes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment